Since 1961, the Casino™ has been Epiphone’s best-selling archtop and a rock ‘n’ roll standard. Over the years it has been the choice of players including blues legend Howlin' Wolf, Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, and John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison of The Beatles. Now available in three new Worn finishes, including Worn Olive Drab, Worn Ebony, and Worn Blue Denim, these Casinos still feature the classic design elements that make the model a legend, including a thin 5-ply maple hollow body, two Dogear P-90 pickups and a mahogany neck with a 60s C profile.
First introduced in the early 1950s, Gibson's legendary P90 single coil pickup produced a raw powerful tone that helped define the blues and rock and roll in their formative years. Today, the P90's traditional combination of high output and brilliant tone is still considered a favourite among many top musicians. Known by such familiar nicknames as the "Soapbar" and the "Cobalt," the P90 still cuts through any type of music, all while displaying amazing tonal sensitivity for everything from blues and rock to mellow jazz riffs. It's perfect as a vintage replacement, and features vintage, braided two-conductor wiring. It's also fully wax potted to eliminate any chance of unwanted microphonic feedback.
- Body: Layered Maple w/ Worn Finish
- Binding: Single ply cream - top, back and fretboard
- Neck: Mahogany w/ 60s C Profile
- Scale Length: 24.72" / 628mm
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel w/ 12.01" Radius & Trapezoid Inlays
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Graph Tech® NuBone®, 1.69" / 43mm
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Diamond Trapeze
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Vintage Deluxe
- TrussRod: Dual Action w/ 2-Ply Crescent Bullet with "E" logo Cover
- Pickups: Epiphone PRO P-90 w/ Nickel Dogear Covers
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS® Potentiometers